Style : Sujihiki Slicing Knife
Length : 270mm (10.6")
Weight : 6.21 oz
Special Feature : Damascus Steel
Blade Steel Type : SG2/R2 Powdered Steel
Handle material : Kokutan with Buffalo Horn Ferrule and Nickel Silver Spacer
HRC : 63
Bevel Angle Ratio : 50/50
Cover : Not included
SG2 / R2 Powdered Steel
Sukenari’s Damascus SG2 (R2) knives are beautifully polished to a mirror finish, unlike most other Damascus knives. These all come with a kokutan handle with nickel silver spacer and buffalo horn ferrule. The grind is thicker at the spine than our Takamura knives but tapers nicely to give a good workhorse feel. Keeping with Sukenari’s commitment to quality, these knives all have a rounded choil, eased spine and clean transition between blade and the handle. These knives represent the perfect all-around option between the true laser and true workhorse.
Sukenari was founded during the Shōwa period in Toyama Prefecture and since its inception has been driven to produce quality cutlery through hands-on craftsmanship at every step. Sukenari’s philosophy is that any tool should perform as an extension of oneself and this commitment to quality shows in each facet of the knife from rounded, polished choil and edges to impeccable grinds and an incredibly consistent heat treat.
Sujihiki Slicing Knife
Sujihiki (lit. muscle pulling, meaning muscle or tendon cutter) is the Japanese adaptation of western-style slicers. These knives are made thinner and shorter than chef's knives, nakiri and santoku in order to minimize friction while slicing meat and fish. Some chefs will use this style of knife to prepare sashimi and sushi in lieu of a yanagi-ba for its favorable maintenance requirements versus single bevel knives.
Return PolicyIf you are not satisfied with items
MTC Kitchen accepts returns of any new and unused item in its original condition for a full refund or an exchange within 30 days of the original purchase date. We reserve the right to refuse used or broken items. Please keep the packing slip and include it with the return packages. Without proof of purchase, we are unable to accept any items for return or exchange.
All items marked “Clearance” may not be returned or exchanged.
We do not reimburse shipping charges on returns.
Any items returned will have the return shipping cost deducted from the refund based on the dimensions or the weight of the package if you use a return label from us.
If you choose to return items via your preferred method, the refund will be issued with the full amount.
If you receive damaged, defective or incorrect items
If we made an error on your order or you received damaged, defective merchandise, please notify customer
service within 48 hours of receipt of shipment.
For items damaged in transit, please send pictures of damaged items and keep the entirety of original items, all packaging and packing materials for future inspection by carrier.
We will replace the items or refund the full amount of the purchase price including the cost of shipping.
Food Product Disclaimer
We import food products from Japan via sea, so the shelf life will be shorter than it is in the Japanese markets. The expiration date usually will be around 3-15 months depending on the categories of foods. Food products cannot be returned unless the expiration date is within 1 month when the item is delivered. If any food items in your order do not meet your expectations please contact us within 30 days. You can reach to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (201) 806-1827.
We do not accept any returns for international orders (unless something is damaged along the way).
If you received damaged, defective merchandise, please notify us within 1 week of receipt of shipment. Also please send pictures of damaged items and keep the entirety of original items, all packaging and packing materials for future inspection by carrier. We will refund the full amount of the item price which is not including the cost of shipping and taxes/duties.
Upon receipt of your return or exchange, we will process your request within 3 business days. For returns, please allow up to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear on your statement. If you would like to expedite the exchange process, please return your original item and place a new order for the item you want. Please visit Return Policy for further infomation
If you have any questions, contact us at 201.806.1897 or email@example.com
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST
For Domestic Orders
- For standard shipments, we use UPS Ground, also UPS SurePost® for extra small packages (under 1,728 cubic inches) to be delivered to residential addresses. UPS SurePost® combines the consistency and reliability of the UPS Ground network with final delivery typically provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
- For expedited shipments, orders placed Monday through Friday by 11 am ET (excluding holidays) for in-stock items, will be processed within the same day.
Orders placed after 11 am ET, Saturdays, Sundays or holidays for in-stock items, will be processed within the next or following business day.
We may need to contact you to verify your order and shipping information. Please consider that even expedited shipping services may require additional time to complete the verification process.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve.
- Unfortunately we do not ship to P.O. Boxes with UPS Ground and UPS Expedited shipments as UPS does not deliver to P.O. Boxes.
Regular Package Shipping Fee
- Free standard shipping on orders over $150 purchase within the contiguous United States (which consists 48 states and the District of Columbia, excludes Alaska, Hawaii, and any other territories under the control of the United States).
- Exclusions apply - Shipping fees will be applied to charcoal, charcoal konro grills larger than medium, special order items, oversized items and orders with weight over 150 lbs.
- Any shipping fees to Alaska, Hawaii and US territories are calculated by UPS live rate.
- 3 Day, Next Day Shippings are not available for items shipped to Alaska, Hawaii and US Territories.
BULK ORDER DELIVERY
- Please note that if your order weights over 150 lbs, it will be shipped and priced as a non-palletized shipment using "UPS Ground with Freight Pricing."
- This shipping service will be applied for deliveries within the contiguous United States and does not follow UPS's guaranteed delivery service policy.
- The lead days for packaging will be 2-4 business days so the delivery date will be 3-9 business days.
For International Orders
- UPS Worldwide Expedited will be used for international shipments. With shipping to Canada and Mexico, UPS Standard is also available.
- Customs fees, sales taxes and brokerage fees incurred upon arrival in your country are charged upfront at checkout.
- Shipping, taxes/duties are non-refundable.