|Takamura Hana Damascus HSPS Gyuto |
|This knife comes with a wooden saya (cover) |
|Manufacturer ||Takamura Cutlery |
|Style ||Gyuto |
|Special Feature ||64-layer Damascus* |
|Blade Material ||High Speed Powdered Steel (HSPS)** |
|Handle Material ||Resin-Treated Compressed Superior Wood |
|HRC ||63-64 |
|Bevel Angle Ratio ||50/50 |
|Length ||8 1/4" (21cm) |
|Weight ||7.3 oz |
|SKU ||#91578 |
|* Takamura Cutlery describes this knife as having a 16-layer damascus, but it would be considered 64 layers by other knife manufacturers |
** Powdered steel is made by using highly specialized technology to mechanically mix iron and other alloying elements in powder form. Powdered metal technology allows much higher amounts of alloying metals such as vanadium, which is responsible for the superior edge retention. While Takamura knives have a high HRC, they are still easy to sharpen.
The Hana series represents the best of Takamura Cutlery. This lavish knife has a High Speed Powdered Steel (HSPS) core. High speed steel is the same remarkably hard material used to make drills and power saws that cut through other steel. It is also known as R2, which is a term that was coined by the steel manufacturer while Takamura was testing out different materials. By processing it into powder form, Takamura Cutlery has been able to create a more ductile and flexible product. This knife redefines the meaning of sharpness and offers a taste of what is possible when traditional knife making methods and modern steel making technology are combined harmoniously. The blade of the Hana series is said to be able to peel the skin of an apple without making a sound.
Echizen hammer forged knives are known to have a thick spine but thin edge, and by recreating this classic silhouette with HSPS, Takamura Cutlery has managed to produce exceptionally steady knives that slice through effortlessly.
The gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic Western chef’s knife but the blade is thinner and holds a sharper edge. Use it for chopping, mincing and slicing meat, fish, vegetables and fruit.
* Takamura knives have an unusually sharp edge so if you are not a professional chef or do not have confidence in your knife skills, they may not be suitable for you. Please also keep in mind that this knife is delicate and should not be used for rough tasks.
Every effort will be made to ship your online orders within two business days of purchase. But please understand that we cannot guarantee the delivery date and all orders are subject to product availability. Please contact us for any time-sensitive orders.
- In stock orders received by 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time will be shipped on the same business day (Monday through Friday) for standard and expedited shipping.
- In stock orders received after 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time will be shipped on the next business day (Monday through Friday) for standard and expedited shipping.
- In stock orders received on a non-business day including holidays will be shipped on the next business day for standard and expedited shipping.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve. If you have any concerns regarding when your order will arrive, please contact us.
* For international customers, we only sell to wholesalers and retailers. Please contact our customer service at 201-806-1827 or email@example.com for assistance.
** Applicable sales tax will apply to shipments to addresses located within the states of New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase online, we will accept the return of any new and unused item for exchange or full refund of the purchase price (less the original cost of shipping) within 30 days from the original shipping date. No items that have been opened or used may be returned. No return will be accepted without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Please obtain an RMA number from customer service at 201-806-1827 or firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the return procedures.
If you receive a damaged, defective or incorrect item, please notify customer service within 48 hours of receipt of shipment. We will replace the incorrect item or refund the full amount of the purchase price including the cost of shipping. Please read our return policy for more details.
If your shipment gets returned to us after UPS attempts to deliver the package three times, we are not responsible for the cost of shipping the item back to you. We will contact you if this happens and confirm if you would like the package to be shipped again.