Material: Synthetic stone
Dimensions: 8 1/8" x 3" x 3/4" ht This whetstone is mounted on a wooden holder.
Use this fine grit stone after sharpening with a coarse and medium grit to remove any scratches on the surface or to simply realign a slightly dull edge for a razor sharp finish. Using a fine grit stone to polish your edge can actually help to make carbon steel knives more rust proof. Masamoto stones are especially suitable for high carbon steel knives.
Tsukiji Masamoto offers knife sharpening services mainly for professional cooks at their store in Tokyo's famed Tsukiji Market so you know you can trust the quality of their whetstones. Mr. Hirano, the owner, controls the consistency and quality of the stones so his customers can be assured.
Every effort will be made to ship your online orders within two business days of purchase. But please understand that we cannot guarantee the delivery date and all orders are subject to product availability. Please contact us for any time-sensitive orders.
- In stock orders received by 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time will be shipped on the same or next business day (Monday through Friday) for standard and expedited shipping.
- In stock orders received after 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time will be shipped on the next or following business day (Monday through Friday) for standard and expedited shipping.
- In stock orders received on a non-business day including holidays will be shipped on the next business day for standard and expedited shipping.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. We are unable to ship or process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or the following holidays: New Year’s Day (the 2nd is a "Limited Service Day for UPS), Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day (the 26th is a "Limited Service Day for UPS) and New Year's Eve. If you have any concerns regarding when your order will arrive, please contact us.
* For international customers, we only sell to wholesalers and retailers. Please contact our customer service at 201-806-1827 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
** Applicable sales tax will apply to shipments to addresses located within the states of New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase online, we will accept the return of any new and unused item for exchange or full refund of the purchase price (less the original cost of shipping) within 30 days from the original shipping date. No items that have been opened or used may be returned. No return will be accepted without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Please obtain an RMA number from customer service at 201-806-1827 or email@example.com and follow the return procedures.
If you receive a damaged, defective or incorrect item, please notify customer service within 48 hours of receipt of shipment. We will replace the incorrect item or refund the full amount of the purchase price including the cost of shipping. Please read our return policy for more details.
If your shipment gets returned to us after UPS attempts to deliver the package three times, we are not responsible for the cost of shipping the item back to you. We will contact you if this happens and confirm if you would like the package to be shipped again.